Permanent Residence Consultant in Delhi
Permanent Residency is primarily a person’s residence status in a country of which they are not citizens but have complete rights to reside in that specific country on a permanent basis. Permanent Residency is for a permanent period and a person with such status is known as a permanent resident of that particular country. However, the individuals who have gone for studies or are working abroad on temporary visas cannot be considered as permanent residents of that country.
Rights and Privileges of a permanent resident
- The right to live in the country they have permanent resident card provided they respect and abide by the laws of the country.
- The right to be employed in the country lawfully.
- The right to be protected by federal, state and local laws.
- Right to travel freely outside the country.
- Green Card Holder may petition for certain family members to immigrate to their country as permanent residents.
Responsibilities of a Lawful Permanent Resident include
- Abiding by all the laws, rules and regulations of the country they will be residing in.
- Support the form of government of your permanent resident country.
- File Income Tax Returns by reporting income to the government tax authorities.
- Maintain Permanent Residence in the country.
Depending on the country of your permanent residence there might be many other responsibilities that you ought to abide by.
Further, if we talk about different visa categories, there are various PR Visa Categories differing from one country to another. For example, the different programs or categories available, under which you can apply for the permanent residency visa in Canada are:
- Skilled immigrants,(Express entry)
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- PNP programs
- Quebec skilled worker program
Correspondingly, Visa Categories differ from one country to another and likewise, the procedure to apply for the same also differs from one nation to another.