Australia Student Visa Process from India
In order to study in Australia, you need to apply for a Student Visa for the same (which falls under the subclass 500).In Australia, Student Visa is granted only if you opt to undertake a registered course. A registered course is basically an education or training program offered by an Australian University/College/Education Provider that is registered with the Australian Government which offers courses to overseas students. Before applying for a Study Visa for Australia, you need to obtain an Offer Letter from the university you will be studying in, confirming that they have accepted your enrollment. In order to live and study in Abroad, you must be able to meet some requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs.
Types of Australian Study Visa
A foreign student who wishes to undertake his/her studies from Australia beyond four months will have to apply for Australia Student Visa. There are 8 types of Australian Student Visa. A student can opt for any amongst the visa categories mentioned below depending on his/her circumstances:
- Independent ELICOS Sector visa (subclass 570)
- This visa is intended for those international understudies who need to remain in Australia to study a full-time English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS). In the event that a student needs to embrace ELICOS as essential to another course, the student must apply under the subclass important to the foremost course.
- Schools Sector visa (subclass 571)
- Vocational Education and Training Sector visa (subclass 572)
- Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573)
- Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (subclass 574)
- Non-Award Sector visa (subclass 575)
- Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector visa (subclass 576)
- Student Guardian visa (subclass 580)
This visa is intended for those international students who need to remain in Australia to study a full-time school course. The course of study might be an elementary school course, a secondary school course, including junior and senior secondary, or an affirmed secondary school exchange program.
This visa is intended for those international students who need to stay in Australia to study a full-time vocational education and training course, including Certificate I, II, III, and IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
This visa category is for those students who wish to study a full-time higher education course in Australia. The courses in this category include bachelor degree, graduate certificate or graduate diploma.
This visa category is for those students who want to stay and study in Australia for postgraduate research.
This visa is intended for those international students who need to remain in Australia to consider either a non-award foundation studies course or another full-time course (or parts of a course) that doesn't prompt an Australian award in Australia.
This visa is intended for those international students who are sponsored by AusAID or Defence to undergo a full-time course of any type in Australia.
This visa is intended for those international students who need to remain in Australia:
- as the guardian of an international student more youthful than 18 years old studying in Australia on a student visa.
- In other conditions, as guardian of an international student more than 18 years old studying in Australia on a student visa.
Australian Student Visa Requirements from India
- Intent of Stay
- Financial Support
- English Language Proficiency Requirements
- Health/Medical Requirements
- Character Requirements
You only need to prove (or satisfy) that you will return back to your country once you are done with your registered course. Hence, you are going to Australia on a temporary stay basis.
You must be able to prove that you’ve sufficient funds to cover the costs of your tuition fee, travel and living expenses in Australia. Besides paying the first-year tuition fee, sponsors must be able to prove that they have cash assets with them to pay the remaining part of the tuition fee, living expenses and so on.
You will need to prove that you can speak English to a required level as set up by the Australian authorities. Eligibility tests for proving your proficiency include IELTS, TOEFL,iBT, Cambridge Advanced English (CAE), Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic. The score requirement varies depending on what course you will be opting for, whether it is a full degree course, a foundation course or you are enrolling for an English Language Course.
Students applying to study in Australia must clinically prove that they are medical fit by fulfilling all the medical requirements as set up by the Migration Regulations. You can get it done from an approved e-Clinic in your country as they are recognized and approved to share medical results online.
You must be of a good character to enter Australia. You will have to submit the police clearance certificate in order to prove the same.
Common Visa Conditions that apply for Australia Study Visa
- You should fulfil attendance and course prerequisites and keep up a legitimate enlistment for your course
- You should not work except if you have been conceded consent to do as such.
- You should keep up your Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover while in Australia.
- You should leave Australia before your visa terminates, on the off chance that you remain in Australia with a lapsed visa you might be denied re-entry for 3 years.
- You should stay with the education provider you at first enlisted with for the initial a half year of your course or, if the course is under a half year, for the span of your course
- You must inform your education provider regarding your residential address inside seven days of your arrival in Australia and must apprise them of any changes regarding address inside seven days
- On the off chance that you change education provider, you should advise your present education provider inside seven days of issue of an eCoE.
Processing time of Australian Student Visa from India
- Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector
- Postgraduate Research Sector
- Non-Award Sector
- School Sector Students
- Independent ELICOS Sector
- Vocational Education and Training Sector
- Higher Education Sector
75% of applications are processed within 25 days while 90% of the applications take approximately 46 days to process.
75% of applications are processed in 49 days while 90% by 74 days.
75% of applications are processed within 6 days while 90% of the applications take 22 days to process.
75% of applications are processed within 43 days while 90% of the applications take 77 days to process.
75% of applications are processed within 37 days while 90% of the applications take approximately 68 days to process.
75% of applications are processed within 61 days while 90% of the applications take 82 days to process.
75% of applications are processed within 25 days while 90% of the applications take 46 days to process.
Factors on which Processing Time for Australian Study Visa depends:
The processing time for Australian Study Visa varies from category to category. The factors on which processing depends are:
- The time you lodge your application with all the necessary documents.
- Time taken to complete the process of necessary verifications
- Duration of time taken to receive extra information regarding health, character, etc. from external companies.
Why Choose Us for Australian Student Visa?
We at Proximity Immigration will ease out your whole process by assisting you with our par excellence services. For students who intend to gain quality education, Australia is definitely your stop. Our expert team will make sure that your whole process for the visa is carried out systematically following every rule and regulation set up by the Australian authorities.