+91 8448553063

Apply for America (US) Spouse Visa from India

In order to bring your spouse to the US, you must either be a green card holder or a US Citizen. There are two ways in which you can bring your spouse (husband or wife or same-sex spouse) to the US.

Spouse Visa Categories for the US

    • Immigrant Visa for US Citizen’s spouse

Under this category, an Immigration petition for Alien Relative Form l-130 is required.

    • Non-Immigrant Visa for a spouse

In this spouse visa category (K3) it is important to note that the non-immigrant visa must be filed for a companion (K-3) who wedded a U.S. resident. The visa must be issued in the nation where the marriage occurred. After the visa, the procedure has been finished, and the visa is issued, the mate can head out to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required: Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130, and Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F.

    • Non-Immigrant Visa for Fiance (K1)

If you are a US Citizen and you and your spouse are planning to live together and intend at bringing your fiance to the US, you can do so with a nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e) (K-1). Regarding the same, I-129F fiancé(e) petition is required.

Process for US Spouse Visa

  • Green Card Application
      • The process involves 2 steps i.e establishing marriage relationship. The form required for the same is Form l-130 legally called ‘Petition for Alien Relative.
      • Followed by this you’ve to apply for the green card i.e Form l-485 in the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services)
      • The spouse seeking green card or entry in the US has to go through a medical examination.
      • Followed by this a complete spousal application is filed along with supporting documents and forms like:
        • Family Sponsorship Form (l-130)
        • Supplemental Information Form (l-130A)
        • Green Card Application Form (l-485)
        • Financial Support Form (l-864)
        • Work Permit Application Form (l-765), optional (if required)
        • Travel Permit Application Form (l-131), optional (if required)
  • Attending your Green Card Interview and approval

After all the above processes have been completed to fulfilment, your file is transferred to the nearest USCIS field office. The office will update you with your appointment date, timings and location. Both spouses have to attend the interview. The interview is the last and very important step in your application process. If the interviewers find your marriage authentic and do not find any problem in your file then they will grant you your visa on the spot. After 2-3 weeks of visa approval, you will receive your green card by mail.

Processing Time for US Spouse Visa

It takes approximately 10–13 months for the entire process. Off which the application processing takes 9–11 months and interview scheduling takes 1–2 months.