Australian Sponsorship Visa
The Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) is basically an Australian family-sponsored visa for skilled individuals wishing to live and work in a territorial or low populace development region in Australia. You should score a minimum of 65 points (the pass mark) on the Points Test to be eligible for this visa.
Who can become a Sponsor?
Any individual whether legally settled or has an ongoing business can apply to be a support/sponsor. As you are sponsoring an individual, you have a certain set of obligations towards that individual which rely solely upon:
- the category of visa you and your worker choose.
- your responsibilities as being an employer
How to apply for a Sponsorship Visa in Australia?
If you happen to secure sponsorship from a qualified Australian Citizen or an Australian permanent resident and you are meeting all the basic requirements for the visa, then you will receive an invitation to apply for sponsorship visa.
Requirements for Australian Sponsorship Visa
- You should have an invitation to apply from Australian authorities.
- You need to be younger than 45 years of age when you are invited to apply.
- You need to nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- You need to be proficient in English.
- score at least 65 points on the Points Test i.e the pass mark.
- Also, you will have to meet health and character requirements.